Monday, December 22, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

This is truly one of the easiest Christmas gifts I've ever made.  Actually, the gift was money, and this order of french fries was just a fun way to package the bills.  I didn't expect my nephew to go ga-ga over the neat packaging, but I also didn't expect him to totally dig the bills out of the fries and leave the packaging at my house.  Ha!  I guess I can fill it up and give it to him again next year, and that will be an even easier and quicker gift to assemble!  To create this project, I used Stampin' Up!'s Fry Box die to cut the Real Red card stock and the strip of Basic Black card stock, and the sentiments are from the Good Greetings stamp set.  I used a retired die to cut the snowflake from silver glittery thin foam, and the french fries were made from Very Vanilla card stock.  For each fry, I began with a 2-1/2" x 3-3/4" piece of card stock, scored it at every 1/2", crimped it, folded it into shape, and placed adhesive on one of the 1/2" flaps to finish it.  The top and bottom of the fries is open, and rolled dollar bills slip easily inside.  I love french fries, and I would love them even more if they were filled with $$$.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

WOW too cute ... my grandson is gonna get this for his next birthday!!! He loves French Fries so I know he will love it. Thanks for the idea!