Wednesday, January 28, 2015

ANOTHER "MOTHER'S LOVE"

While the Mossy Meadow and Rich Razzleberry markers were still on my desk, I decided to make another card with Mother's Love stamp set, and this time I added a few images from Butterfly Basics.  I think these two stamp sets are my favorites from the current Occasions catalog for two reasons:  (1) Mother's Love has those beautiful 2-step flowers that are so very easy to stamp, and (2) Butterfly Basics is a perfect collage companion.  Seriously, I think that set has an image to use with just about anything that you're working on, and it doesn't hurt that there are coordinating punches and dies for some of the images.  The sentiment on my card is from Sheltering Tree.  I love the pretty handwritten look of those sentiments, which makes me think that Stampin' Up! needs more stamp sets with handsomely handwritten sentiments.  Card stock colors are Rich Razzleberry, Mossy Meadow, and Whisper White, and I used Smoky Slate to stamp the honeycomb image.  Dazzling Diamonds glitter was applied to the flower petals, and the punched butterfly has a sparkly Silver Glimmer paper body.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Outstanding and now I'll have to get that stamp set! Love the colors.