Monday, February 27, 2017

FEBRUARY CLASS SWAPS

My February class was last Friday and instead of a precise theme, we had decided that each participant would find something inspiring and then create a card (or other project) based on whatever had inspired them.  Along with the swap, we agree that participants would also bring to class the item (or a photo) of their inspiration.  I was so excited about this swap to not only see what my friends had created but to also see what had inspired them.  I know that the swap photos would be more interesting to you if I had thought to take a photo of each person's inspiration, but I'll just try to do better next time.  Everyone really did a fantastic job!

I think the fabric on a tote bag is what inspired Debbie's creation.


Terry's inspiration was a ceramic chicken that had belonged to her grandmother.
Tracy's inspiration was an heirloom handkerchief.  It's difficult to see in the photo,
but the yellow flowers on the purple sponged background are clear-embossed.
I turned to Pinterest in search of a mood board to inspire me, and this one hit the nail on the head - Sand Dollar.  I loved the neutral colors and ended up using the grid design on Sand Dollar's bottom right panel.


I hope we'll do another inspiration swap in the future, and I will try really hard to remember to get a photograph of each person's inspirational piece.  

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing. We all seem to aspire to a little more sophisticated design style. Or at least ourselves more!